Sunday, September 16, 2012

Character Design Sketch

Here is my one-of-a-kind lady. We can best see her poise in this illustration.
As you can see, I started with the legs. I don't mean this to sound perverted, but I like when women sit with their legs crossed. Well, specifically, whilst wearing short shorts or a skirt. I like female legs, and I like that they're hiding something. Obviously I already know what, but mankind itself is naturally curious. I certainly don't try to imagine things. I'm not weird, I promise.
The reason she's sitting like this is because she is patiently waiting for someone or something. Calm, strong, dignified, not slouching, an patient. She's always aware that someone may be looking at her, so the way in which she chooses to present herself is always maintained.

Clearly the drawing's not finished. It's a start. The photo isn't truly accurate to the real thing, but comments on this would be nice. 
Since I have an interest and are pursing a career with cameras, I know a thing or two (or like, a whole bunch) about camera angles an perspectives, and I would just like to say, yes, I purposely focused where it is because I want you to think about what I see. The mystery. The potential.
 

Back to the unfinished part. 
These two faces are my inspiration. Words are at a loss to me; I can't describe why this is my goal, but it just is. Surely my character description below would answer that, but I haven't a specific reason for Eva's and Nora's expressions. They just work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment